Thursday, May 08, 2008

¡Muy Caliente! (And NSFW)

One of the joys of having a blog is using a service like StatCounter that tells you, vaguely, who is hitting your web page. It gives you IP addresses, and from that, it can tell you what city and country they are in when surfing your blog. It's fun to pull up the map feature and see little pins in far away places I've never been to but where the love of gaming is shared, like New Zealand and Turkey, or places I've read about in history books but haven't yet visited, like England and the Ilse de France. Probably the most far-afield hit came a few days ago from Ho Chi Minh City.

It also sometimes gives you the link a person used to find your web page. This morning I saw one from Argentina with the following referring URL:


www.derol.com.ar/foro/viewtopic.php?t=14024&start=60

Now, I don't speak much Spanish, but growing up in Texas, I've learned enough to get myself into trouble ("Dos cervezas, muy frio, por favor!"). So I started scanning the message board to see if I could figure out why my blog was linked.

I got as far as the seventh post before I had to do a double-take on one of the avatars.

I need to learn Spanish, and spend more time on boards like that. ;)

Muchos gracias, Zulgyan!

No comments: