Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Evil Fight Review

The Evil DM has reviewed Fight On!:

Fight on! Is a brand new fanzine from a group of dedicated gamers who saw a need for a magazine that will try and recapture some of the wonder and adventure that many of us experienced back in the early days of gaming.

As an “Old School” gamer myself, I get it. I see what they are trying to accomplish. Though I’m not sure everyone will. It’s one of those things you have to experience- to live through, in order to understand. Fortunately for the creators of Fight on! They hit the mark with a bull’s-eye.


I haven't received my copy yet, but I think I agree with this statement:

For reasons I don't know, they decided to go through Lulu for publication.
After shipping my total was almost $10.00 and for me that was fine, I feel I got my monies worth and I’m a supporter of these types of efforts. But for the sake of keeping this venture alive I hope they consider a PDF format and a more popular vendor. This effort is worthy of all the exposure it can get and I don’t think Lulu is the best venue for it.


Good job, Evil DM. Now stop flipping through magazines and get back to work! ;D

UPDATE: Looks like everyone got their copy but me! Mr. Murphy at The Silver Key says:

The very first article in Fight On!--"A fanzine for the old-school renaissance"--details a method for quickly and randomly generating colorful details for fleshing out dwarf PCs. It's a fun little article and a pretty good indication of the contents to come, and refreshingly, there's no mechanics or feats to be found.


Brian's is the most in-depth review I think I've seen of the magazine yet, so if you're on the fence about getting it, you should definitely read what he has to say.

3 comments:

Sham aka Dave said...

"UPDATE: Looks like everyone got their copy but me!"

Not everyone, mine's still not here. I hope it arrives before my trip next week, I need airline reading material, dammit!

evildm said...

Good job, Evil DM. Now stop flipping through magazines and get back to work! ;D

Yeah, I know...
But Jeff and Doc are old friends, and I felt needed to share my thoughts on their new baby.

trollsmyth said...

Hey, I'm one to talk, right? Here I finally get a bit of time on my hands, and do I work on the novel? Heck, no, it's a flood of blog posts. ;p