Thursday, April 03, 2008

Dragon Magazine: Taking it From the Top

Over at RPGnet, (un)reason has chosen to read through every issue of Dragon magazine in the old archives CD set, and possibly most, if not all, of the ones that came after:

So this is where I'll post my reactions and comments to each issue as I go through them. I'll try and mention any important points, and the topics they cover in each issue.

It's a very cool project. (un)reason is doing one per day, and has posted the first six issues of The Strategic Review, the proto-newsletter thingy that eventually blossomed into the Dragon Magazine of yore.

2 comments:

evildm said...

That really does sound like a cool project.

I might steal it for a future Blog project. i woul probably go one a week and give a summary. food for thought.

trollsmyth said...

I'll be shocked if (un)reason doesn't slow down, honestly. One per week seems like a much better rate, especially as the articles can get pretty dense later on. And I'd love to see a deeper discussion of things like the advertisements. I was thrilled when I saw the archive CDs preserved those as well.