Thursday, April 28, 2011

Wizards' Towers From a Fallen World

Yeah, I've gotten bitten by the post-apocalypse bug, as well, though my thoughts are straying more towards the far, far, dying world end of the spectrum.

A Facebook friend pointed me towards this collection of photos, "25 Abandoned Yugoslavian Monuments that Look Like they are from the Future." These are soviet-era monuments commemorating battles from WWII, I think. There's some very evocative stuff here for your post-apocalypse, sci-fi, or dying world inspiration.

3 comments:

Tedankhamen said...

I think it'd be neat to map out some dungeons that are inside those things! It'd be a change from the standard flatblock dungeon dictated by graph paper shapes...

trollsmyth said...

Very true! I will admit to simplifying my dungeon designs lately to ease mapping, especially since all of my gaming is online these days. But the shapes of these buildings offer all sorts of neat architectural possibilities.

Jean said...

This won't work in reality, that is what I suppose.