Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Where's That Darn Troll At?

I got this honestly heart-warming email the other day:

I have not played a pen and paper RPG since I was 13 or 14. Man those were great times; I especially miss those summers filled with D&D, backyard wiffle ball double-headers, and bike trips to the comic book store.

In any event, your blog site is awesome and I check it daily. Even without your having new posts, I use your site as the jump off spot to other links like Grognardia, another favorite site of mine.

Keep up the good work and keep posting great stuff!

A-

And then I got that cranky post by mxyzplk. ;)

Yeah, I need to start posting again.

Sorry for the extended absence. Life has been a bit more exciting than I like, and it's kinda sucked all the wind out of my sails. The truth is, I haven't even been reading RPG blogs for the last month or so. So it's more than time to get back into it.

And that said, I may still be a bit of a light blogger since I'm giving serious consideration to NaNoWriMo this year. I'm a good way into a novel and that might be the perfect way to power through and finish a first draft.

In other news, the intriguing 56th page of "Outsider" has been posted.


3 comments:

Sham aka Dave said...

Thanks for the update! I check here regularly as well. Ease back in when you're ready, we'll still be here. The blog-o-sphere is so immediate that it's funny how fast you can 'fall out of the loop' so to speak. I recently 'returned' and I'm still catching up on old posts and new blogs I missed with my late Summer hiatus.

~Sham

Jonathan Jacobs said...

... watching you closely from by balcony with a telescope...

Anonymous said...

Hey man, good to hear from you! We Austinites have to stick together!