Tuesday, September 09, 2008

I Taut I Taw a Dwagon...

Now this is just a damned cool idea:

TwitRPG is an experiment I accepted to do on a whim on a random Wednesday night after someone asked me semi-seriously to create a Twitter (A microblog engine that limits post to 140 characters) game world to let characters play in.

It'll never be my preferred method, falling somewhere between the immediacy of IRC gaming and the slow, forgiving play-by-post/email, but it's got a lot of potential. I could really see it working well for very abstract games. For instance, if your RPG has a strong strategic component (like Birthright, for instance) or focuses on long, slow actions (things that take a month or a week to complete), this could work very well.

- Brian

1 comment:

ChattyDM said...

Thanks for the link Brian. I must say that I'm intrigued by the potential of this medium. It's only slightly interactive (but leagues in advance of Facebook's Tiny Adventures) but it does strangely work.

I'm working out a few kinks in my beta testing and I may offer this as a service over at ChattyDMs.