Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Pair of Videos

The first is edumacational, so you should all watch it twice or something.



We've discussed this a bit before here, and I really can't wait to see what we learn from the LHC.

And now for something completely different. This just sings to me. Will I play the game? Heck, no. I've got other things, things that I find far more entertaining, to do with my time. But could I take this and run with it as the scenario for an adventure, or even a campaign. Oh, hell, yes!



It's just a great example of how Blizzard, er, "borrows" from the best. Armoured sorcerer in tall, spikey, crown-helm stomping around while boy soloist sings in dead or imaginary languages in the background? Oh yeah, someone's been watching their Lord of the Rings DVDs over and over again. A healthy heapin' of heavy-metal-album-cover cool with a twist of pathos and a sprinkling of horror. Those Blizzard folks are good at what they do.

3 comments:

RipperX said...

Ugh, I want my five minutes back :O)

Natalie said...

The LHC (and science rap!) make me sad that I'm a liberal arts major.

But not too sad.

trollsmyth said...

Nothing wrong with a degree in liberal arts!

Well, ok, there is one thing: it can be a real pain to find a job that has anything at all to do with your major.

But understanding how the universe actually works, while cool, isn't quite as cool, to my mind, as figuring out what this new knowledge means to people, how it will change their lives, and how they think about things. That's the work of engineers and liberal arts types.

- Brian